STOP! Before your next trip to the nursery for more soon-to-be-dead-plants, get the information you need to ensure those plants will survive and thrive. From the keenest of gardeners to the brownest of thumbs, Kate will find the garden solution for you.
It is my mission to help us all to have the gardens we want. A garden consultation will help you make the most of your garden, and help you find your own gardening style. I will spend time with you giving garden advice and information which is specific to your location and your lifestyle, including:
· Design and make over ideas
· Solve garden problems big and small
· How to make the most of an existing garden, including what to keep and what not to keep, and how to care for it
· What is happening in your soil and how best to improve it to ensure plants can grow well in it
· Inspiring plant choices which are suited to your garden
· What is required for edible gardens and how to include edibles in your garden plan if that is what you would like
· How to address issues such as privacy, or drainage, or pets in the garden
· Where to start and how to tackle the job at hand
· Fitting the ideas to your budget and lifestyle
· Avoiding garden mistakes
1hr consultation $125 (Brisbane area only), 2hr consultation $225 (Brisbane area only).
Online consultations are $50 per 30 minutes.
Prices for consultations outside Brisbane can be provided on application.
Kate has done a wonderful job helping us establish a sustainable cottage garden at our home in Auchenflower. Fertilisers and chemicals have been replaced with plenty of horse poo, garden mate, mulch and interesting plants including from June's Plants at Yeronga. The garden is full of flowers, birds and native bees. Kate's knowledge and creative design provide a great mix for learning about sustainable cottage gardening and I would highly recommend her workshops and design services. The garden consultation is a good place to start and excellent value for money. Enjoy your gardening!
Inspiring consultation! Kate's practical advice and extensive knowledge of plants, conditions and techniques has provided ideas for both long and short term plans for my garden. Sustainable gardening hints on soil preparation, maintenance, propagation techniques and re-using existing plants in a more suitable location have given me insight into a huge number of things to do that will be fun, save heaps of money and achieve great results. I also loved the ideas for creating a texture-rich adventure garden for my children. Thanks so much Kate!!